Singlish is part of Singaporeans' culture, and I don't see why we should stop saying it. In fact, I find it cool! =D Singlish is Singapore's identity. And partly because of this, I'm proud to be a Singaporean! hahaha... Hey, National Day's coming. yeah, I'm waiting anxiously for the annual NDP celebration which will be broadcasted live next Thursday! I always LOVE the parade, especially the marching contingents (did I spell it correctly?)! YAY!!! hee... And the long weekend! WOOHOO!!! Except that this year's National Day long weekend will be spent on MORE MUGGING. Gosh~~~!!
Okay, I just want to say my main point now. I overheard 2 girls' conversation in school today and I felt really erm... disgusted? I can't find the right word for it. Anyway, they were saying those words which I always get 'repelled' by: all the "as in...", all the "like...", "it's like..." blah blah blah... And the way they spoke to each other... Abit eh.. 'fake' eh? lol.. sorry, no offence, but I think the way they spoke has already become a cliched kind which many youngsters are inclined toward. That's why I'd always try my very best to avoid saying such annoying words. grrrr... =x Hearing those make my hair stand. -_-" Strange me! hehs!
Hopefully, we can all understand why we communicate this way or the way we always do, but not imitate Westerners to act cool or act cute on the outside. It's just unacceptable and superficial.
Be truthful. Thanks.
God bless all.