My tutee's mum, Liyun Auntie, is a very nice and capable and noble person. I admire her very much. Only less than 2 months of tuition with her kids, Sophie and Ian, I already feel so much at home whenever I go over there. I don't mind long hours, spending time with them over subjects and homework, the small and cramp table and cosy house. Every moment is fun. I'm so fortunate to teach them. =D
This morning was another lesson. After that, Auntie bought lunch for all 3 of us. I'm so grateful to her. Thanks Auntie!!! =DDD She also lent me a few books which I wanted to read--Chinese herbs (which she helped me to borrow from her student's mum) and the book on 佛规十五条. Today, she let me take a look at a file full of inspiration emails (also from one of her student's mum). And I learnt some interesting things from inside:
What is
vegetarian cheese? It's one which does not have the cow's RENNET in the ingredients' list. Rennet is taken from the cow's stomach. It's an animal enzyme, so it's not vegetarian.
Vegetarian cheese-- 1) Kraft's Philadephia cream cheese
2) Spring cottage's UK vegetarian cheddar (I think S'pore doesn't sell it)
Restaurants which use vegetarian cheese:
1) Pizza Hut
2) Canadian 2-for-1 Pizza
3) Pasta Fresca (I rarely see this restaurant around. Anyone knows where?)
Restaurants which DO NOT use vegetarian cheese:
1) Pastamania
2) Delifrance
3) BreadTalk
Cool!~ And I just went Pastamania last Friday to makan with my sec sch babes! lol.. It's ok. Don't worry so much, babes! lol... I don't mind! Still LEARNING to be vegetarian. ^_-
Anyway, I came across this newspaper article last Friday:
男人,不能说的秘密有时候,男人比女人更复杂,本文为你揭开男人不为人知的8个秘密。(哈哈。。)
1)只许自己又懒又脏
尽管他们自己又懒又脏,却无法容忍一个不洗脸不洗脚、面对混乱不堪的家而无动于衷的女人。因为他们认为自己的家庭和自己的女人才是自己真正的脸面。
2)要一家之主的名分女人总喜欢在一家之主的问题上与男人争个长短,好像一家之主真的能够左右什么似的。
其实男人要求的不过是一个名分而已,他们那么懒惰,怎么可能主动承担买菜和洗碗的责任呢?这就像一个君主立宪的国家里,首相决定一切,却不能忽视国王的尊严和威风。
3)害怕孤独和寂寞从心理上说男人是十分害怕孤独和寂寞的动物。单身男人没完出去喝一杯或是到朋友家睡觉,并不是他们喜欢喝酒或是与朋友非常要好,真正的原因是他们害怕一个人独处。
因此已婚男人有充分理由相信自己不应再感到孤独和寂寞。所以当男人失去自己的女人的行踪或者她们晚归甚至不归时,他们就会非常的恐慌。
4)家里外面两个样女人经常抱怨男人在家里和外面判若两人,为何他总是对外人彬彬有礼,对我却像个暴君?他为什么也不能对我好一点?其实女人大可不必为此忧心忡忡。
应为礼貌从来都只是社交的需要,而过分的客气对于家庭有百害无一利。当男人对女人表现得十分礼貌时,只能说明他已经对她丧失了爱意或者作了对不起她的事情。
5)发脾气时需要理解
男人在社会上承受的压力和磨难是女人无从体会的,这种不良情绪很可能被带回家中,所以男人会常常无端的挑剔女人或对他们乱发脾气。
当他们大发雷霆时,他们并非真地对女人不满,不过是在发泄与们的心情。这是的男人最需要女人理解和接受,需要女人付出相当委屈的代价。整风相对的争吵对男人无疑是火上浇油。
6)不可低估妒忌心男人并不比女人缺少妒忌心,而且动辄(zhe2)性命相搏,死在情敌决斗的刀剑之下的男人,远多于争风吃醋撕破脸皮的女人。
如果一个女人真的爱他的男人,她就应该努力弄懂男人的这种掺杂了自尊和虚荣的心态,小心地对待男人的多疑和猜测。主动地解释自己与其他男人交往的原因和过程,不仅是对自己男人的真正理解和关心,也是女人对自己言行的一个监督。
7)不许外人干涉内政家丑不可外扬,家中的是是非非本来就是说不清的事情,如果在加进外界的风言风语,男人的自尊心一定彻底崩溃。到了那个时候,即使男人有心和解,也骑虎难下。
假如女人希望解决问题,她的唯一选择就是关起门来,慢慢商量。因为男人的家政原则是:不许外人干涉内政。
8)别拿他和别人比较
在男人看来,女人拿自己的男人和家庭与别人比较,是对自己男人和家庭的严重背叛。
他们不可能善意的理解女人的初衷和愿望,指挥主管的认为女人在挑剔他们表示不满。他们还会绝情的想到,如果你不满意,为什么你还不马上离开?
By 陈玛莉
Woohoo! 5 more working days to freedom!!! =D After that, jobless again... but it's ok lah... Can slowly look around. I haven't really relax and enjoy my holiday ever since after 'A' levels, 'coz I started work less than a week after 'A's! That's really sudden for me. Then, this morning bought The Straits Times papers, and while I was looking through the Classified section, I thought maybe I'd looked at the wrong page and tried to flip to the Recruit section. Guess what!? the Recruit section only contained less than half of the newspaper page!!! Aww man.... My 80 cents gone just like that... So silly, I should have known Sunday papers doesn't have many job listings. On the bright side, I've donated the 80 cents to the lady selling newspapers. Yeah~!
Next weekend is another busy weekend: Spring cleaning episode 2