11.30pm:
I've FINALLY finished planning my timetable for Semester 1.
WHOO!!! *claps claps*
It's a tough one.
haha.. Imagine my previous school had to personalize a time-table for every single student each year. WOW. I've had this chance to experience how 'FUN' it is.
It's a pretty good try actually. At least I got to know how planning and personalizing schedules are like.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last Thursday and Friday (24-25 July) was Social Work Camp without stayover in school.
While we were eating our meals, a senior came over to me, "WoW! You ate it so clean?!"
"Because we cannot waste food." was all I had to say.
Excuse me, but can I ask whether there's a problem of eating my food till the point of almost literally licking it clean?
Seriously speaking, I've come across many Singaporeans who tend to have the bad habit of leaving a portion of food on their plates during meals, especially when eating out. It's most likely due to the tremendous amount of food always given to them, and so they gave the reason of not being able to finish the food. Some gave more interesting reasons:
"It's a habit of mine already, I would feel strange if I don't see anything on the plate."
"Eat the vegetables and protein food, the rice can leave it, since the nutrients come mostly from the ingredients."
Wow. O_o
Anyway, I don't encourage people to waste food. Think about the Third-World countries, what do they have for lunch? Sand grains fried with little bits of biscuits? Or do they even get to complete just half a meal each day?
And here we are, ignoring a fistful size of rice portion on the messy plate, and throwing away bread crumbs after they've dropped onto the seemingly clean marble floors of our house.
Singapore, also known as a First-World society, can progress this far because of its leaders who are role models and assets to our country. I'm not trying to put myself into their good books or anything, but from my viewpoint, I can see that we have come this far due to our leaders who take care of the welfare of citizens, as well as set good examples of integrity and transparency.
Speaking of these, I don't think we should destroy their hard-earned effort by being so wasteful and also ignorant of what our forefathers had achieved through their pair of hands. In other words, the way we treat ourselves and our own food is evident to how others look at us. Our good reputation is ruined just from that very first impression of the non-locals.
[Okay... I'm slightly deviating away from the main topic. =x
And I sound like I'm writing an argumentative essay once again. -_-"
OOPS!]
We shouldn't take advantage of what we have now, and regret later when we lose these privileges.
For your information, this is one of humans' weaknesses:
To regret only when something precious is taken away from you. And, the 'precious' might not even seem to exist at all when you had it in the first place. Only when it's lost, will you then begin to realise the importance of it all.
Even if you feel bloated and finishing the entire plate of food becomes an impossible mission, pack the leftovers home. Please, pLEASE, PLEASE do not let our Brother Crows entertain themselves with 'children mahjong'. If you know you have the habit of not being able to finish the entire serving when eating out, then you're probably more suitable to be an eat-IN person instead.
Cooking at home is fun, I can tell you.
Lesser. Cleaner. Tastier. Healthier. More nutritious. And deliciously HOME-COOKED.
Haha.
So, a short and sweet conclusion:
PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR FOOD. [Even if you think you are going to waste it, try to finish some more of it, and pack home the rest.]
=D