School's just started not long ago. Outdated pics! =x
So here goes:
Since the Faculty of Arts and Social Science is so huge, I had to climb up and down the 'mountains' almost every school day. For my own useful information, I took a picture of this...

THIS IS REALLY USEFUL! I keep it in my hp for storage. HAHAHHA... =P
Last Saturday, Social Work Department liaised with NCSS to run this Mega Carnival at Esplanade Park. This carnival was meant to create awareness to the public about what social work is like, and also to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the establishment of NCSS. I volunteered for the Saturday morning slot, and I was lucky because during my shift, it wasn't raining. However, before and after my shift, it was really pouring.

Oops, it's tilted. ehhs...lazy to tilt this pic huh. sorry.
Oh, this was my allocated booth: Very Special Arts Singapore Ltd


TA-DA!!! There were loads of people. And I was drenched to the toe (my shoe had room for water to leak in) trying to 'wade' my way to the bus stop after my shift. I survived! =D
Overall, I guess it was quite an experience. I had to know what my allocated agency was about, and try to explain to passers-by about what they do, and how they help their clients (eg. autistic children, disabled adults). I wish to do field placement (attachment) real soon!!! It's gonna be at the end of Year 1 and 2. TWO field placements. YAY! =D
*excited*
Oh by the way,
I went for Resonance (A Cappella) audition 2 last night.
It was quite 'traumatizing' in the sense that there're 40 of us trying to vye for about less than 20 vacancies.
I'm assigned to sing the Mezzo part, which is in the pitch somewhere in between Soprano and Alto. =)
We learnt 2 half-songs, one of that was "Longer" (my new blog song), and the other "Gotta be".
Results will be out by the end of this week, as usual.
If I get in, I'll be the member of Resonance. YAY! haha.
But somehow, I don't feel very confident this time.
Everyone sang really well!
I have a lot to work on my own singing voice...
I realise I put more hope in the 2nd round of auditions as compared to the 1st.
And, I'm afraid to be disappointed, so I'm telling myself RIGHT NOW that I'M NOT GONNA THINK ABOUT IT ANYMORE.
Daddy told me,"Always be prepared for the worst, but of course, also hope for the best."
Mum and Dad are leaving for Malaysia with Ah Ma tomorrow, and then to Sarawak the day after. I suddenly miss going to the fish farm... How I wish I could join them too..........
Hope they have a good time!
I really need to work hard.
Haven't got used to the independence in school yet.
And my notes are everywhere!!!
So confusing!
I guess I better go and arrange my timetable and notes asap! =x