Today's my 2nd round of facilitator training for Absolut Camp 2009.
I learn that listening is a very important skill.
It may seem very easy to some of us, just by listening to others who hopes to share their happiness, sorrows, views etc., but I can seriously tell you all that it actually requires an even great amount of effort to achieve good listening skills.
Learning about listening is relevant to me, in the sense that I will be able to know how to expand my ability and goals to lend others a listening ear and a helping hand as well. I thought of my dearest friends who might be in need of me some day, and people in other aspects of my life.
It suddenly dawned on me that I haven't been thinking much about my dear family.
Because they were the last to be remembered somehow.
Daddy said something this afternoon, which still makes me ponder and wonder now.
"Sometimes while I was driving on the road, I'd think why is it that at this old age nearing retirement, I'm still here driving alone?"
"After you reach over the age of 40 years old, you'd start to feel scared. Because you don't know if you'd be abandoned during old age."
Silence.
Have I been a filial daughter to my parents up till now?
Will I place my parents in old folks' home when I can't manage myself?
What will happen if my parents are gone?
Have I been taking too much advantage of my family, that they'll be there for me forever?
Am I contributing love to my family, my closest kins?
Last night, Mum made a comment, although brief but unforgettable, "I simply love to stay by all of you 3 children's side!"
The way she smiled, the sounds of her laughter, made me reflect about how I've treated her so far...
The truth already showed itself to me ages ago, it's just that I've always been trying to avoid it as much as possible.
It's time.
For me to grow up.
To look after my parents. My family.
No matter how "flowery legs" (花心VS花脚)I get, I will still return home eventually.
Because we all want to go back to where we originally belong.
.Home Sweet Home.