Today's full of saddening events:
1) Heard Cikgu said about the suicide in NTU. It was really a shock.
2) I was so disappointed with the public transport system.
Was on the way supposed to go to my tutee's house at Bt Panjang, but ended up going home instead 'coz I was too late for tuition, so it's changed to tmr evening. Bus stopped and go, with so many jerks there and then along the way to MRT station. I would puke if the journey had been even longer! 10-min trip became 30-min trip. -.- I should have just obediently waited for bus 96 instead of 95! Wasted my time.
Then, from Jurong East MRT Station towards Bt Batok Station, there were 2 sudden jerks, in which the train stopped, and there came an announcement to apologise about a faulty system. I told myself: OK, I'm going to be late, but as long as I can reach Jelapang by 7.45pm, I'm happy enough.
Reached LRT Station.
At South View LRT, train stationed there for a super long time. About 10-15 min. Something wrong with the doors, I guess. Not sure too. Everyone on the train was confused and frustrated. The feeling of getting stranded was terrible. After some time, it moved to Keat Hong. Same thing happened. Teck Whye Station was even worse. LRT personnels were there to try to open and close the doors. I was so fed up that I asked my tutee if tuition could be changed to tmr instead, and luckily, she agreed, so at the same time when I hastily got out of the train at Teck Whye, the LRT personnel called passengers to get out of the train 'coz it's not servicing anymore. You know how many people there were then??? This is really bad... I came home feeling very disappointed, and I vent my frustration after I came home. Just for a few moments of talking loudly, not at all angry at my family. :)
I hope SMRT will look into the matter and try to improve the public transport system ASAP, since the population in Singapore is increasing, in sync with the government's hopes to accomodate more people to prepare for the opening of Integrated Resort (a.k.a. Casino).
3) Watched the news on TV: first, it was the NTU suicide and stabbing. Next, it was a couple accident--Thai women age 27 fell off a few storeys, and her lover was injured. Then, news on the dangerous amounts of some substance contained in the production of coloured plastic utensils which are being banned for use in i-dunno-if-it-is-Taiwan-or-China (I think).
How bad can the world become?
I really need to reflect on my actions again.