...........
As for pig lungs — the major target organ in an animal infected by swine flu — AVA said there have been no import of pig lungs into Singapore from any country in the last three years.
View full article:
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20090426/tap-063-singapore-pro-active-handling-po-231650b.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Went out with Nad just now to revise Malay with her.
Woahz... It's been such a long time ever since we met up with each other.
She's studying in NIE for a year now and really has the teacher-ish outlook. woots~ Amboi! (Wow! in Malay Language.) =D
We catch up with each other about our lives and somehow, we shared about our life goals. haha.
She said she wanted to work as some humanitarian worker, travelling from countries to countries to help save people and the world. AMBOI!! =D
I also shared with her mine. I felt our life goals were quite similar.
My life goal is..........
To educate people to go vegetarian,
because eating meat and rearing animals for human consumption is the greatest cause for global warming.
[I haven't thought about how I'd do it, though.
It would be quite taxing to do it by oneself... hmm...]
Ironically, there are just so many people who are complaining about the weather recently,
when they are actually causing it to happen in the long run.
Some people said they love animals, but can't live without meat.
Others are disgusted by foreigners who feed on weird insects or animals (like deer, crocodile, dog, cat, centipedes... and you name it!), but they feed on meat nonetheless in their own country. It's just a matter of cultural difference, you see.
How contradicting.
I've heard dozens of people saying,
"I can't survive without meat!"
"I can't imagine myself going vegetarian!"
"Won't the animals over-reproduce? We got to eat them up if not they'll fill the land!"
"But so many places sell meat!"
"Isn't it unhealthy to go vegetarian? with the mock meat and stuff... so fattening!"
"Mock meat is so fake! Why would vegetarians eat those food so similar to meat when they say they want to be a vegetarian?"
"It's so inconvenient to become vegetarian! My mum cooks meat everyday for my meals at home. My friends all eat meat. How to go vegetarian? I won't have friends if I become a vegetarian!"
I've came across so many replies on issues regarding vegetarian.
If you'd ask me, I can tell you the answers to those replies above.
And,
if I continue on, I think my dearest readers wouldn't want to continue to read this post anymore...
For your info.,
1) It's actually scientifically proven that going vegetarian is not going to cause "adverse effects to health and it would be an experiment that we could abandon at any stage" (http://www.physorg.com/news4998.html, 2009).
2) It is also healthy to go vegetarian because there's no cholesterol in vegetarian food since cholesterol comes from animals.
3) It's relatively cheaper too, considering the current economic crisis, global warming, and shortage of resources to feed live stocks (e.g. farm animals), when demand is higher than supply (for those who take Economics, you should know).
4) Animals tend to get sick and may pass the disease to humans (See article above in blue)
5) A meat-based diet requires 7 times more land than a plant-based diet. (http://veg.ca/content/view/133/111/, 2007)
I recently read from an article, and I'm not sure when it was published since I got it as a photocopied version when I went to the vegetarian stall at the market to buy my lunch last week. It says there very 'loudly': "We only have 10 years to save the earth."
Come to think of it, since this article might be published around the early millenium, I think we only have less than 5 years left to save the earth now.
Before the world ends.
FAQs
1. Do people get weak if they eat vegetarian food?
Ans: No. It is only during the period of the first few weeks when meat-eaters change their diet to full vegetarian and they start to feel lethargic and restless. This is because their bodies need some time to adjust to the diet change. After this period, the body is back to normal as before. Try going half vegetarian before going to full-time vegetarian if you're trying to alter your diet, so that your body can adjust better.
2. Don't plants feel too?
Ans: This statement is often made by people trying to rationalize that since plants feel pain, it must be okay to kill animals. They usually never make the similar leap of saying that since plants feel pain it must be okay to kill humans.
For plants to feel physical pain, they must have some sort of organized tissue which, upon stimulation, would activate a structure in the plant that is conscious and could perceive the stimulation as painful. There are no structures within plants that are analogs to the pain receptors, neurons, and pain-perceiving portions of the brains of vertebrate animals. Animals, being mobile, benefit from their ability to sense pain; but plants simply have no biological or evolutionary need for the experience of pain. Even if, contrary to all evidence, plants did feel pain, it would still be preferable to be vegan. More plants are killed in non-vegan diets, as more plants must be harvested to feed animals.
(http://www.veganoutreach.org/guide/qa.html#plantsfeeltoo)
[I can only think of these for now. LOL. You can tag questions for me if you would want to know more.]
Finally
Thanks Nad,
For the revision.
For the treat.
For the nice catch up.
For the surprise that you gave me when you agreed with my idea of going vegetarian.
For being the environmental activist. One of my supporters.
And most importantly, for the life-long friendship.
:)