It is going 8 weeks ever since I started Social Work Field Placement 1.
I've learnt so much about individual couselling, family counselling, group work and many more! It's a really good experience to get my supervisor to counsel me individual and in groups. It was cool... I got to spill out my personal issues which are hidden and chucked aside deep down within me that it took quite some time for me to reveal through the use of Expressive Art Therapy.
I learnt about grief issues, about elderly issues (mainly the emotional and psychological aspects), about how a person cope with their own problems and about how each individual has their unique way of expressing themselves such as crying out loud when dealing with grief.
I don't believe that a person is fine because he/she said so.
After a loved one is lost, one would grief. It takes some time for the wound to heal... Different people take different time to heal, just like different teenagers take different time to go through puberty. We all have different biological clocks in our body.
Non-verbal behaviour is the loudest.
Knowing that one isn't fine but said so, by looking at their behaviour (maybe remaining very anti-social, withdrawing from normal daily activities etc.) would show the people around him/her that he/she is not fine at all.
To deal with grief isn't easy.
I would say it's the hardest thing ever to feel the pain again.
Even I don't even dare to do so.
But it is not impossible, as long as we're ready to accept the pain again.
When one feels the pain again, understands it, and accepts it totally, he/she would then be able to be more aware of the issue and let go of it after that.
This process of healing would take quite some time................
And to my loved one, I pray for you.