My brother and I had been eating lunch together at home since yesterday. Today, I prepared simple egg and vegetarian ham sandwich for our lunch...
As usual, my brother disliked fresh tomatoes and loved tomato sauce, so he asked me, "What's the difference between tomato and tomato sauce?"
I said,"There's spices added into tomato sauce."
He said,"Oh... then what about the difference between strawberry and strawberry cake?"
I thought for a while,"There's other ingredients added to strawberry cake."
He said,"Oh I see..."
And this led me thinking...
Just something like tomato or strawberry alone, although they are pure and originally tasty, without adding in the flavours and colours of other ingredients put together, they will still never be as tasty and delicious as a mixture of different items.
Just like life.
People need one another to spice up their lives. At times of being alone, it may be because we want to avoid unnecessary conflicts, or ugly scenes happening. We also need time for ourselves to recharge after using a lot of energy on daily activities. However, without friends and family around us, without conflicts or misunderstandings occurring, we cannot grow because there isn't any ups and downs to colour our life, to challenge our limits. And life will be as monotone and dull as ever, just like a never-ending straight line.
Even though there are happiness, sadness, anger, bitterness. They all play important roles in creating colours of life. Because of all these variety of emotions coming together in random sequence all the while, life's beautiful as it always has been.