So many accidents and disasters are happening in the world, and yet I'm here in the comfort of my country and home... Can you believe it? WHY? It's strange thinking of people shouting and screaming and running about in chaos with blood pouring out of their wounds at the other part of Earth, and I'm right here feeling bizzarely fine and craving for a nap in bed at this particular part of Earth.
Well, I've been rather exhausted over the weekend, but I still thought I haven't done much things at all, particularly schoolwork. Gosh... Do I have an anxiety issue? Hopefully not.
Dreamt of huge wolf-sized dogs chasing after me again and again the whole of last night, and also losing someone very important to me. I was very anxious, nervous, excited, and upset the whole of the night while people were sleeping soundly. I woke up so many times, trembling, almost on the verge of crying. Am I all right? I don't want the dogs to come after me, I don't want to lose the person in my life. Do you know, I saw this particular person whom I care for so much (let's call this person C) from afar, but when I approached C, I thought it was C, so while chatting with C, I began to slowly realised that C isn't the real C. It was someone who looked alike. I couldn't find C anymore, no matter how frantically I searched... The feeling was very awful...
Edlin said I was very stressed, and I also cared very much about C.
Nice dream analysis, babe.
Anyway, I also wanted to update about last Saturday's volunteer work at HELP FSC.
It was a very memorable experience. We went to Chinatown in groups of about 5-6 youths or children, with 3 volunteers attached to each group to bring them around during the Treasure Hunt for clues and game stations. I was appointed the volunteer group IC and I was rather surprised at that, just that I didn't show. hehs. During the trip, I tried to engage everyone in the group and get everyone involved. It was pretty challenging at times, but I was very amazed at myself for knowing how to keep calm and relaxed. I thought I didn't know how to deal with youths, but somehow, it came rather naturally for me. Of course, some of the knowledge and skills was learnt from my Social Work course and the AW course. :)
Guess what happened in the end?
The youths started to open up to me and get closer to me. Cool. haha.. Well, get closer meaning that they're happy to share their things with me and allowed me into what they're experiencing, just like a Big Sister, or a teacher who's concerned about their welfare and loves them.
It was definitely a lifetime experience.
And also an opportunity to put my skills and knowledge into practice.
I only felt intense physical and mental exhaustion after the whole day of trip.
But everything was worth it, because I saw smiles on their faces.