I was blog-hopping again, and I realised that many of my dearest Angels blogged on the same day 18th March. What coincidence! But it was always a joy reading their blogs. :)
I've had a very fulfilling weekend, going to classes and reflecting about myself, as well as pondering over spiritual issues. It feeds my hunger of spiritual needs. Hehe! :D
One thing about this weekend is that I got to watch a video on animal slaughter, and it took me slightly more than an hour to get over the psychological torture sitting in front of the screen watching it all the way. Gosh.. I couldn't take it at some point in time, so I took a toilet break in between. Sighs.. It was suffocating just sitting down there forcing myself to watch, so that I could better encourage people to go vegetarian...
It came a huge relief for me after the video ended.
Whew..
But the screams of the animals...
They still ring in my ears sometimes. :'(
Anyway, I felt rush of mixed emotions now and then when I watched the video.
It was
sadness, then
anger, then
numbness, then
frustration and
fatigue.
I just wanted to vent my feelings now and then, but I wasn't allowed to in that space and moment, so I'd feelings pent up. I wanted to cry, to shout, to scream, so much... that I became so tired in the end.
But these feelings have been just feelings. Reality still sets in eventually, and if I want to accomplish what I need to do, I can't go on like this, because it'll cause the whole thing to turn upside-down.
"You said you love animals and you care for them, but you eat them??"Such words are always fallen on deaf ears.
Because people choose to hear what they want to hear.
They provide excuses for something that is uncomfortable to their ears.
Just like what I've learnt in Philosophy recently: Passion governs Reason. Passion (for meat consumption) orders Reason (maybe it's better to have a plant-based diet) to find out the best excuse to save the skin and reduce the discomfort level.
God gave us the power of Choice, to be able to choose. That's the noble love of God.
And now the world is in a really bad state.
Because we've chosen something that's beyond what we should take.
Greed.P.S. It may sound very harsh to many of you, but, think about it.P.S.S. And you know what I thought too? --> Waste of gallons of water that has to be sprayed to wash away the blood splattered everywhere, and numbness of the human conscience that leads to current abuse cases, as people hit and vent their anger as though they've lost their conscience and sense of humane.