As I grow older, I get more afraid of things. Surprising, isn't it? Because I seem so calm and composed on the outside. Haha.. Yes, scared, because I'm very attached to my ego; afraid of people looking down on me, or making a fool out of myself in front of people etc.
Therefore, I have to keep reminding myself to be honest with myself, and others; to be who I really am, that I am real inside and out. Then, I wouldn't feel scared to be ashamed or embarrassed, to the point of disregarding myself, thereby losing my self-confidence and self-worth. No wonder they keep telling us to have 赤子之心. Now I've finally understood, because this has always been our original nature.
By the way, I had a thought:
If God had said we could kill the animals and eat them as food, then why would there be news that reported that a significant amount of greenhouse gases that caused the worsening of global warming effects and natural disasters came from the animal industries? Why would eating meat create a downturn for Mother Earth if it's considered okay for this?