NUH VISIT"DANGER MEN WORKING ABOVE" said the sign.
And then the Big Black Arrow points up.
HAHA.
I was amused by this sign when I was on the shuttle bus to NUH Kent Ridge Wing 2 this morning. I went there as a research participant. It's my last day, so I'd to submit all my documents for their research. Took the above picture in lightning speed 'coz it's time to alight and I was initially struggling between whether or not to take a picture of it. In the end, thanks to my new phone. It can just take pictures in one snap! :D Faster than my previous one! ^^
Anyway, I thought some guy saw me take a photo out of the window of the shuttle bus. I think he was puzzled as to what I was up to. hahaha.. =P
I've got mood swings today.
No, not PMS.
In the morning, I tested my blood at the NUH Blood Donation Centre after the research thingy. Well, I was supposed to go straight to school, but since I'd a lot of time to spare, I decided that I might as well explore NUH a bit more, because I was very interested to find out about the BDC. :D In the end, I turned here and there (felt a teeny bit annoyed) trying to locate where BDC was. I managed to find it at some ULU place. -.-" OK, at least it sounds like an adventure since it has this ULU element. =P I entered the door and the receptionist/nurse straight away asked if I was there to donate blood. I was slightly amused again, and told her that I was just interested to donate blood, if it's possible she could introduce me to it. Luckily for me, she was a very thoughtful lady who provided me with a relatively good service (maybe there weren't many visitors then). She offered to test the iron in my blood for me, because I told her that I hadn't donated blood before because the last time I tested, I was lacking a fair bit of iron.
And guess what?!
I PASSED THE MINIMUM IRON LEVEL!!! YIPPEE!!! I'M SUPER HAPPY!!!
Seriously, I never have thought I'd really pass the minimum standard, and I was just there to try out my luck or test for fun. Anyway, the minimum was 12.5, but I was 12.2 last few years ago when I went with my cousins to HPB Blood Bank. Wasted a trip there then. :( This morning it was 12.7! WOOHOO!!! I still can't believe it. hee!
However, I asked the nurse if I could donate another day instead, and she gave me a shocked and irritated look which went "HUH? Why not today? Then you came here for what?" HAHA. Expected reaction. I had withdrawn 20mls of blood for the research before that and I didn't want to risk, and I also didn't have time to rest for the rest of the day since I had project meeting in school later in the evening, and I also needed to go to school soon, so I decided to repeat myself, "Yes, another day. Next week." since she told me it's best to get it done soon as I've tested my iron level already. I think she was saying that the iron levels weren't stable all the time. I THINK THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID. hehs.
Then, went to school and rushed here and there because I've got assignments and projects to be submitted by the next 2 weeks. I'm going mad, and I'm still here typing out my blog post. =x
IDEAL STUDY SPOT FOUNDBut then, it was all worth it. I had a sense of satisfaction after spending about 8 hours in school. I've finally found the ideal study spot in school. Central Library, Level 3 Quiet Area. YIPPEE! I always thought I cannot focus in school library due to bad experiences in Level 6 area. Too bright and too many people I think. Level 3 has just the amount of both (lighting and people, I mean. Haha). I'm considering studying in school at nights for the next few weeks before exams. I realise that staying in school to study at night is an ideal time for me too. ^^ I think I just love serenity and few people around when I'm studying. Not too many distractions. :D
TUITION ISSUEMy student has been msg-ing me recently and plainly said that tuition is very boring. Yes, I appreciate her feedback. However, the problem lies with the student feeling that she could survive with good grades on her own but the mother does not want to stop tuition. Now, I'm faced with a student who's not very willing to put in effort in her tuition sessions, and a mother who has a "fixed mindset" that no matter what, her child should go through tuition in order to score. I told my student straight, "It's either you change your mindset and put in effort to work hard during tuition, or you try to convince your mum about stopping tuition. Of course, I'd definitely support you in whichever choice you choose, because this is your life. Don't chicken out because you're scared of your mum and you choose not to confront her. If you go on having tuition with the same mindset and reluctance, then it's not just wasting your time but also my time and your mum's time to earn money to pay for your studies." I offered to help her tell her mum about this, but she didn't want to for fear of being scolded or beaten up by her mum. Well, it's ultimately still her choice. (haha.. self-determination of client in the Social Work context!)
Harsh words, isn't it? I thought I have to bring this message across clearly, otherwise I also cannot help much except to figure out how I can make my tuition more interesting... Sighs... Ideas, anyone?