OK, for the sake of "Daddy", I've put my favourite (and I guess, it's one of his all-time favourite now as well) Cantonese song back again! hahaha.. :D Enjoy listening, "Daddy"! ;)
Just finished watching Changeling. It was an old show, I think. My sound system wasn't all that great and I had to constantly turn up and turn down the volume now and then to listen to what the characters were saying, because there were no subtitles (background of Father's nags).
Changeling is based on a... "true story".
Well, it's a story about a mother who searched frantically for her son who went missing after she came home from work one day. Due to the corrupted police officers of the State, the boy that came calling her 'mother' was not her real son, and the policemen wanted to avoid all embarrassment of finding back the wrong child to her and so forced her to accept her "son". Because of this whole complicated episode which the police officers created, she's still unable to reunite with her son eventually, which is what I didn't like about the show. There was no ending with regards to whether she had found where her son was. :(
Oh wells, I love happy endings you know! haha.. It was definitely a show worth the 140min to watch!! My parents were nagging at me now and then while I was watching the show, 'coz it was already 11pm! haha.. =P
Anyway, this show captures the essence of how noble a mother's love is, that change is possible if you stay true to your heart and believe in it, and you're never alone because the others around you would be touched by your real-ness and lend you the helping hand which God graciously offered to you through them. :) And, one more thing, the show proves that LOVE ALWAYS WINS, once again.
I believe it does.
This has never changed in me, ever since I believed in it.
Of course, the pains and I had to go through at various moments were rocky, but nevertheless, my belief always proves me right. The harder I braved through, the stronger I love.
I sincerely hope that the ending of this story in reality is a happy one.