6 weeks have gone by 2nd placement.
I've grown up again! haha...
Hmm... One thing I want to figure out is how my friends and supervisor are able to see the underlying emotions of people. How is this done? I always can't seem to be sharp enough to figure out people's underlying issues and feelings, and to point it out to them.
I need to learn and brush up my attending skills. Really.
Thinking...
-- of whether Social Work is really what I want. Yes, to a large extent. It's a very meaningful job, and I've come to a point where I don't think I love my life if I quit this work.
--of which clientele group I should work with. Not the elderly. Maybe youth work, but I'm still afraid of dealing with challenging youths, as I don't know how to respond appropriately and whether I've done it the right way. What about the other groups which I've not got exposed to, like children, disabled, families etc.? I have not decided what I really want.
Still, my 2nd placement has been going well for me. So far so good. It's fantastic! I'll never regret doing this work. :)