I know I'm not supposed to spend too much time on computer, but I just felt like blogging again suddenly. hee...
From now onwards, I'm going to focus even more, just to make up for the last few weeks of being so seriously ill and dizzy, and the occasional inability to sleep due to the excruciating pain in my back. In any position that I lie, sit or stand, my back just felt as though someone was stabbing me.
I went to see 2 different massage masters, first a female and the last one was a male. Both of them gave me similar comments, that my neck is very badly strained, due to my posture and my tendency to turn my head to the right. My diet isn't very balanced too. This is no good, because I'd be a bad model for how people view vegetarians as. I don't want my health to cause this misunderstanding. To make the matter worse, I've a background of anaemia. Now that I finally know the reason why I had stiff shoulders and neck, and kept having headache spells and dizziness since months ago, in addition to my recent backache, I really don't wish it would happen ever again. NO THANK YOU.
For this case, Chinese physician is still better than just going to see the doctor, because doctors just prescribed medicine according to where my pain lies. I remember I went for a random check-up, worrying over the sudden handful of times which I had headache spells during the early part of this year, the doctor just told me that I was too stressed. He didn't tell me that my neck was strained and it would affect anything in future if my strained neck wasn't cured. Only Chinese physicians would tell me this. By the time I know, it's too late.
It burnt a huge hole in my pocket just to see a doctor and go for a few times of massage, and also ate away my precious time when I could do tons of work instead of sleeping through the entire day. Gosh... so much time has passed... but I'm glad I'm also given the chance to rest after so long... :) so it's still a blessing in disguise, indeed! :D haha...
But still, I'd rather be healthy and busy and happily tired, rather than given the rest and groaning and moaning with pain every single moment.
"You look very pale."This is a statement which I've been hearing recently. People have been telling me this and I get mixed feelings over it:
glad, yet sick.Glad because people saw and noticed me, and I felt fortunate and blissful for having so many people who cared. Did I really show severity in my days of illness? I don't know, but there're just so many people, even those whom I never knew would care so much, who came to tell me to take good care of myself. I'm really very touched. You all know who you are, THANK YOU, once again. No words can express my heartfelt gratitude. Through this, I've learnt a lot too. I've learnt more about these people, some of them experienced backaches before and therefore could understand what I have been going through, and I've also learnt who are the real jewels among my circle of friends, those who are genuine and sincere, who really hope I'll recover soon by going all out to help me and to pray for me when I needed so much.
Sick because I didn't want to appear to be so pale, so lifeless, so-not-me, so dull and boring, so moody in front of people. I don't want them to become down because of me. I wish I could be back to my own bubbly self again so that the people around me would feel happier and lighter too. I know I can do it, and I can feel my pinky health coming back to me right now! :D Today's choice of skipping lecture and replacing it with sleep at home has been a good choice. I woke up feeling so much better, a feeling which I've not been experiencing it for soooooooooo long!!! My back's getting better! Thank goodness I tried the massage yesterday. Really. I'm very thankful, especially zf jie for convincing me to go.
OK, I need to get back to work.
Less than 2 more days to 1500-word report submission and I'm just halfway through my introduction so far! Gambatteh-neh!
Ms Health, I'm coming for you! Wait for meeeeeeee!!!!!! :DDD