五荤当中的蕖是什么啊?到底要怎么找它的图片呢?为什么它的图片在网上这么难找呢?这种菜有那么稀少吗?嗨~你快点给我出来咧!真是的!=.=Today I've many thoughts going through my mind. (yeah, I read that people have more than 6000 thoughts everyday?) But today especially, the thoughts left deep impressions on my mind:
Firstly, it was about the reason why people feel embarrassment or the sense of being awkward. I thought deeper...and the answer is: Because of judgements.
We're all afraid how others would think about what we do, who we really are etc., which might lead to some unexpected responses that we do not like.
People judge. And why do people judge?
Because they've their own values, beliefs and own life experiences. Because they want to feel a sense of belonging to the normal group, and not with people or things who seem abnormal or out of place from others. We want to feel right and be acknowledged by others that the choice we make is right. Basically, it all boils down to feeling loved and accepted by others.
As I was on my way for tuition, I stepped into the lift and overheard the conversation of 2 women, who looked like the elderly mother and middle-aged daughter. Somehow, they didn't seem like Singaporeans, but that isn't the main gist of the situation. The daughter was telling her mum about her past experience with taxi-drivers who took a longer route to get to her destination, just to earn a few more bucks from her. She said critically, "They want to test if you know the route well enough." The mother was listening to her intently as they stepped out of the lift. Immediately, the word "
TRUST" came into my mind. Amazing how thoughts are faster than lightning. Cool!
How did society come into this state? Why do people not trust one another anymore? Maybe the taxi-driver didn't know the shorter route? In this case, why didn't the lady tell the driver? Did she discover the shorter route later on? Hmm...If so, then no one is at fault.
It's just a matter of perception then. Anyway, I even thought of my father, whom I think is not like that. He would rather drop passenger ASAP and search to pick another up, than to deliberately take a long route just to earn that few bucks more. Well, maybe you might think I'm biased because he's my father. But why would you think I'm biased? It's either you're judging, or I really am wrong. If I'm doubting my father, why would I not trust him? Because I'm afraid of what these passengers might think if I go along with my father, who might probably be one of those taxi-drivers.
It's all a matter of what we choose to believe in,
how we perceive things to be.
Later, I read a book which I borrowed from the library. There's this statement which touched me the most:
If you have ever loved someone, you face the possibility of someday losing that person. This is the risk of loving, but to me, loving is the only experience worth anything in this world.
How cool is that?! :D
It makes me think about the very first thought that impacted me today. People are afraid to love because they're afraid of being hurt, or being betrayed etc. Maybe that's why people become more careful and less trusting towards others. Walls of the heart become thicker, for self-defense and protection from even greater hurt and turmoil.
I used to think that denial is not good, but after learning about the
Kubler-Ross's 5 Stages of Grief in Medical Social Work module, I've begun to appreciate the purpose of denial. Even though denial shows that one doesn't want to face the truth, it does help people to reduce the impact and force of the unacceptable news that comes on them. :)
Now, another thought is here: I WANT TO SLEEP. But then, it's dinnertime. *Yawns* -.-" Why is it that when I want to do something, it usually isn't the right time to do it?!