YAYs! I'm finally back home from Vietnam. :D
I had a great time there, really! The people there are so warm and welcoming. Met up with old friends too...well, not very old friends lah.. haha. :) It's my first trip to Vietnam and I had my very first experience of the motorbike ride, experienced blackout as well, first day of 2011 spent there, first steamboat of 2011 there, first time trying out Vietnam food (not too bad!), one night of no sleep...
So happening hor? haha!
The first 2 words of description that came to my mind while I was on the bike, with my eyes wandering around and observing the environment, were that the Vietnamese are "simple" and "brave", just by looking at the way they drive. haha... well, just my opinion. Not too sure of the whole picture and culture with only a few days spent there. Nevertheless, their driving skills totally amazed me. They drive motorbikes like they drive bicycles. Pro.
I actually had a mini accident while on the bike. Thank God everyone was all right. This is also one of the reasons why no one can drive more than 40km/h on the road. Otherwise I could have flown in the air with the driver and landed "splat!" on the ground flat like roti prata.
Anyway, the trip to Vietnam was very rewarding. I miss the safety and security and well-organised Singapore. I felt so much more grateful to be born in such a good environment too. This is the reason why I came home feeling even more motivated to do more for the future that lies ahead. Just be simple and brave, like the Vietnamese. I've brought this essence back home with me, to be used when I need. I became more bonded with uncle su and the group that went over there with me too. I was so well-taken care of every moment. Gosh! I'm going to miss this particular Vietnam trip. Nice memories. :)
Next destination: _________
I've already decided where.
Hopefully this time round I can go for Honours year, so that I don't have to face my supervisor or manager just to apply for 2 months of leave to go out to the world to learn much more. School holidays are so valuable now. :)
Difficulties?
I'm going to deal with it with courage. I know I can.
Rather do more now when I'm good and healthy, than later when I'm older, physically-restricted and inconvenient to move far.
Speaking of which, maybe being single for life is one obstacle less, just like what huang jie said. I shall see what happens. Surprises, here I come! :DDDDDDDDDDD